Thornton, CO Living in Thornton: Real Estate, Lifestyle and Amenities
Welcome to Thornton, CO!
With views of the Rockies to the west, and the towering Denver skyline to the south, Thornton is in the perfect position to offer you everything you’ve dreamt of discovering. Residents cherish the fabulous sense of community, the strong economy, and the plentiful recreational opportunities that are easily accessible from this Denver suburb.
Residents of Thornton grab life by the horns and challenge themselves at every opportunity. With a thriving business culture encouraged by the City of Thornton Office of Economic Development, and plenty of recreational opportunities in the area. Whether competing for business or the best golf score at the Thorncreek Golf Course, you’ll find yourself among others who like to find their niche in business and in the outdoor adventures this town has to offer.
Thornton, CO’s Real Estate Market
The housing market in Thornton has definitely warmed up in the past year. Listing prices continue to rise and available inventory continues to drop. Most homes sell within a month of listing, and there are quite a few options for you to choose from. Whether you want a traditional ranch, country contemporary, or simple bungalow, there are plenty to select from.
- Summercreek – This family oriented community is located just south of I-470 and features easy access to area parks and transportation networks. The neighborhood is made up primarily of duplexes or two-story, single family homes. The Summercreek HOA maintains the exteriors of the homes, the roofs, and the insurance policies for houses within the community.
- Cherrywood Park III – This beautiful community features homes that were built by Richmond American and Ryland Homes. It is a close knit neighborhood whose residents delight in summer barbecues and the myriad of recreational opportunities nearby that include biking trails and the Park Village Pool. It is also walking distance to the Hilltop Village Shopping Center.
- Country Hills – With over 450 single family homes, this neighborhood has plenty of options to choose from. It is the type of community where you want to put down firm roots for your family to grow and flourish.
You’ll Enjoy: Freedom to Explore
With I-25’s and I-470’s wide lanes coursing their way through Thornton, it’s easy to get anywhere in the Denver Metro area, out to the plains, or up into the Rocky Mountains. This makes it an ideal place to explore Colorado from.
- Rocky Mountain National Park – You can almost see the park from the heart of Thornton and it is well worth making the trip to visit. With 415 square miles of unspoiled beauty to explore and enjoy, the park is one of Colorado’s most popular destinations.
- LoDo – This revitalized neighborhood is just a few miles south of Thornton. LoDo features plenty of great restaurants, fabulous bars, and in the summer you will want to stop by to catch the Colorado Rockies as they thrill the crowds pouring into Coors Field.
Distinguished Schools in Thornton
- Prairie Hills Elementary School | Grades K-5 | 13801 Garfield Pl.
- Stargate Charter School | Grades K-8 | 3951 Cottonwood Lakes Blvd.
- Rocky Top Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 14150 York St.
- Skyview Academy High School | Grades 9-12 | 8990 York St.
Perfect for: Living Life to the Fullest
There is always something going on in Thornton. With plenty of festivals and events to choose from, you’ll never have trouble finding something to do whether it is a family event, date night or casual weekend activity.
- Thornton Harvest Fest – Come and celebrate the thriving business and agricultural culture that form the area’s backbone. There are plenty of games, lots of activities, beer tastings, food tastings, and plenty of opportunities to socialize with your neighbors.
- Summer Concert Series – Thornton sponsors free concerts throughout the summer where you can hear everything from Latin to Disco pulsate throughout the Carpenter Park Amphitheater.
Thornton, CO Utilities
- City of Thornton | Water
- Xcel Energy | Natural Gas & Electricity
- Comcast | High Speed Internet & Cable
The Workforce: Good Things are Brewing up
Thornton’s position on the north end of Denver make it an attractive place to build strong companies without incurring the costs associated with a downtown location. Allegro Coffee built their headquarters in Thornton in 1977 and they are still brewing up some of America’s best breakfast beverages. The city is also home to Regis University, Google, Intrex Aerospace, Ascent Solar, and Sungard Data Systems. Together, these companies are redefining the services and technologies that are making tomorrow’s future a lot more exciting.
Why Live Here: Conveniently Located Opportunities
Work or play, all that Colorado has to offer is just a short distance from the front door of your home. Thornton is where you’ll build a career you love, explore the majesty of the mountains, and delight in the attractions available in nearby Denver.
- Stapleton 175
- The Meadows 145
- Highlands Ranch 143
- Boulder 142
- Fort Collins 135
- Castle Pines Village 135
- Green Valley Ranch 132
- Indian Mountain 123
- Longmont 123
- Westcliffe 118
- Other 104
- Steamboat Springs 104
- Sunnyside 102
- Berkeley 99
- Lohi 98
- Windsor Gardens 90
- Fort Garland 88
- Loveland 87
- Dillon 87
- Capitol Hill 85